This year marks the 150th anniversary of Canada, and we’ve rounded up a list of amazing Canada Day Celebrations in Niagara!
Enjoy the festivities and fireworks as your family celebrates Canada’s 150th birthday!
Niagara Falls Canada Day Celebrations
Canada Day Parade
Location: Procession runs along Victoria St. to Queen St.
Times: July 1st, 11 a.m. to 12:20 p.m.
Downtown community celebrations:
- 8:00 am – 1K & 5K Run/Walk for St. John Ambulance at Oakes Park. Registration 8 am; Run/Walk begins 9 am.
- 9:00 am – CITIZENSHIP CEREMONY in the Niagara Falls Public Library.
- 10:00 am – Niagara Falls Concert Band, outside the Niagara Falls Public Library.
- 11:00 am – Canada Day Parade along Victoria to Queen, Ending at Crysler Ave.
- 11:00 am – Open Choir Rehearsal at the Children’s Stage, Rosberg Family Park – Everyone welcome! Come Sing with Choir Nation for the Main Stage!
- 12:30 pm – Opening Ceremonies on the City Hall Main Stage, 4310 Queen Street.
- 12:15 pm – 283 Performing Arts Company (PAC).
- 12:30 pm Opening Ceremonies hosted by Pete Dychtiar & Rita Carrey. Choir Nation (National Anthem, one Canadian song & Happy Birthday).
- 12:50 pm – Oh Canada Eh!.
- 1:05 pm – Be Our Guest, Beauty & the Beast Musical Revue.
- 1:25 pm – Camp Rock.
- 1:45 pm – The Rita Carrey Band.
- 2:30 pm – No Sugar Tonight.
- 4:00 pm – LiveStock Niagara & NIOMA present the following bands.
- 4:00 pm – Finnigan (NIOMA).
- 5:00 pm – J.I.N.
- 6:00 pm – The Natrolites.
- 7:00 pm – Street Pharmacy.
- 8:30 pm – Entertainment concludes.
FREE Birthday Cake at City Hall from 12 noon, while quantities last!
FREE Raffle, Free Caricatures, Face Painting, Henna Tattoos & Food Vendors.
Scotiabank Children’s Zone with Free Inflatables! Queen St & Erie Avenue
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm Sandcastle Building & Demonstration.
- 12:00 am – 4:00 pm Free Electronic Animal Rides.
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm Free Children’s Inflatables.
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm Free Rock Climbing Wall.
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm Free Family Mini-Putt.
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm Free Face Painting.
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm Reptile Kingdom.
Scotiabank Children’s Stage (Rosberg Family Park)
- 11:00 am – Choir Rehearsal with Choir Nation. Everyone welcome!
- 1:00 pm – Welcome by Emcees.
- 1:00 pm – Illusionist Lucas Wilson.
- 1:30 pm – Bubbleology Show with Miss T the Bubble Queen.
- 2:00 pm – Mad Science Show.
- 2:30 pm – Princesses – Belle, Princess Elsa, & Friends.
- 3:00 pm – Peter Pan interactive show.
- 3:30 pm – Loopy-Doo Circus
Scotiabank Children’s Zone – Near the Children’s Stage (Rosberg Family Park)
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm Free Face Painting & Community Group Displays.
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm Story Walk by the Niagara Falls Public Library.
- 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm Mad Science Fun Station.
- 12:45 pm -1:30 pm Bubble Station.
- 2:00 pm – 3:20 pm Circus Workshop (Isabella Hoops).
- 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Mad Science Fun Station.
Live Entertainment at Queen & Ontario
Hosted by Paul Campigotto & Patricia Mascarin
- 12:30 pm – Kobbler Jay.
- 1:00 pm – Flint & Isabella Show.
- 1:30 pm – The Steve Goodtime Show.
- 1:50 pm – Kobbler Jay.
- 2:30 pm – The Steve Goodtime Show.
- 3:00 pm – Latin Heat.
Live Entertainment at Queen & St. Clair
- 12:45 pm – Michael Francis, Strolling Magician. (2 hours)
- 2:40 pm – Bubbleology Show with Miss T the Bubble Queen. (30 min)
- 3:10 pm – Bubble Station with Miss T the Bubble Queen. (30 min)
Live Entertainment from 1:00pm to 4:00pm at Queen St & Crysler Ave
- Matt Anthony, Magician & Mentalist.
Extreme Music, Dance & Sports
Queen between Crysler & St. Clair
- 1:00 pm – Krusher BMX Stunt Team.
- 1:00 pm – Hoola Hoop Zone, Eclipse & DJ Boogie & Skateboarding Demo.
- 1:30 pm – Beshano Bike Trials.
- 2:00 pm – Hoola Hoop Zone, Eclipse & DJ Boogie & Skateboarding Demo.
- 2:30 pm – Beshano Bike Trials.
- 3:00 pm – Krusher BMX Stunt Team.
- 3:30 pm – Beshano Bike Trials.
- Be sure to visit Happy Feet Dance to enjoy their performances, Cotton Candy & Sale.
- Taps on Queen for Big Brothers Big Sisters. Pepper Palace WingFest from 11:00am to 5:00pm
Niagara Parks Commission, Queen Victoria Park
- 8:00 pm Coca Cola Concert Series at the Illumination Tower Stage in QVP.
- 10:00 pm Fireworks in Queen Victoria Park.
Niagara-on-the-Lake Canada Day Celebrations
Canada Day 150 Celebration
Location: CENTENNIAL SPORTS PARK, 1565 Four Mile Creek Rd., Virgil
Times: Note the date! June 30th, 2017
ON THE STAGE:
Emcee Joe Pilliterri welcomes you to a blow-out party to kick off Canada Day weekend!
- 4:30 – Performance by White Pines Dancers
- 5:00 – The Confederation Celebration Revue – see below for details
- 5:45 – The Laura Secord Drum Line
- 6:45 – Flat Broke
- 7:45 – The Heavyweights Brass Band
- 8:45 – The Woodshed Orchestra
AROUND THE PARK:
- The Bed Race: Rules and entry form below. Please submit form by JUNE 29.
- The Canada 150 Costume Contest for young and old – details coming
- Circus Workshops (@45 minutes) for children and youths: 5:00pm, 6:15pm, 7:15pm
- Participate in a community art project
- Create a fancy hat or fascinator
- Strolling musicians Dr. Jazz and the Jazzbugs
- Bouncy castle and games
- SALES OF WINE & BEER + GOURMET FOOD TRUCKS (CHILD MENU AVAILABLE)
NO ADMISSION CHARGE, ACTIVITIES AND ENTERTAINMENT ARE FREE!
Bring your own lawn chair or picnic blankets. Parking is free but limited.
Fort George Canada Day Celebrations
Times: July 1st, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., free admission
Details: Join us for a BBQ dinner inside Fort George, starting at 5:00 p.m. We’ll be serving up hamburgers, hotdogs, chips and pop! Proceeds from the BBQ go to support the Friends of Fort George.
Admission to Fort George is free on Canada Day!
Pancake Breakfast in Simcoe Park
Canada Day celebrations start early, with a pancake breakfast in Simcoe Park in downtown Niagara-on-the-Lake. From 8:00 to 11:00 a.m., the Rotary Club of Niagara-on-the-Lake will serve hot pancakes, sausages, juice and coffee in the park. Picnic tables are available throughout the park for seating.
Canada Day Parade
The Canada Day parade has become a longstanding tradition in Niagara-on-the-Lake, and features the 41st Regiment of Foot Fife and Drum Corps, soldiers from Fort George and a giant cake donated by Willow Cakes and Pasteries. The parade begins at 2:45 p.m., travels along Queen Street and concludes in Simcoe Park, where the giant cake will be sliced and served.
Friends of Fort George BBQ
Join us for a BBQ dinner inside Fort George, starting at 5:00 p.m. We’ll be serving up hamburgers, hotdogs, chips and pop! Proceeds from the BBQ go to support the Friends of Fort George.
Each year, our evening Canada Day program features entertainment that is fun for the whole family. Kids can learn what it was like to be a soldier in 1812 with the Kiddie Militia and Drill. Enjoy historical music performances by the 41st Regiment of Foot Fife and Drum Corps. Musket and artillery demonstrations.
This year’s musical entertainment features the Howling Horns: “From the ashes of the Horns from Hell comes the HOWLING HORNS! An 8 piece horn band featuring music from blues to dance to classic rock, come howl the night away with this premier Horn Band!”
The evening program begins at 6:30 p.m. inside Fort George. Admission is free!
Musical Fireworks Display
Canada Day celebrations at Fort George conclude with a spectacular musical fireworks display! Fireworks begin at 10:00 p.m. Free admission.
Grimsby Canada Day Celebrations
Canada Day Celebrations at the Museum
Location: 6 Murray St. at Main St. W.
Times: July 1st, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Details: This family event includes children’s activities, barbeque, face painting, bouncy castles and musical entertainment. At noon Canada Day cupcakes will be served. Free admission to the Museum’s exhibitions.
Lincoln Canada Day Celebrations
Canada Day Festival
Location: Charles Daley Park, 1969 North Service Rd. in Jordan
Details: The fun-filled family event includes: Musical entertainment, Canada’s Birthday Cake, Children’s Bouncers, Face-Painting, Fire Trucks, Mad Science, FIREWORKS at 10 pm and much more….Park admission is $2 per person.
Pelham Canada Day Celebrations
Location: Harold Black Park, Haist St.
Times: July 1st, 1 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Details: Residents are invited to participate in our annual celebrations at Harold Black Park. Parade kicks off the celebrations at 3pm
1:00PM – Rotary Club Children’s Activities and Inflatables (until 5:30PM)
- Food, beverage, and activity vendors
1:30PM – KAIROS blanket exercise
3:00PM – Grand Parade from AK Wigg School to Harold Black Park
4:00PM – Opening ceremonies and singing of the national anthem
4:30PM – Live music & entertainment in the tent
- Featuring: Dance Place (4:30PM), Ye Olde Folkers (5:00PM), and By Deisgn (6:30PM)
5:00PM – KAIROS blanket exercise
7:00PM – Poutine Eating Contest – Sponsored by the Fonthill Lions Club
7:00PM – Krusher BMX Stunt Team
8:00PM – Krusher BMX Stunt Team
10:15PM – Fireworks
Thorold Canada Day Celebrations
Canada Day Community Celebration
Location: Battle of Beaverdams Park (Clairmont and Ormond Sts)
Times: July 1st, 1pm – 11pm
Join the City of Thorold as we celebrate the 150th Canada Day with a community celebration in the Battle of Beaverdams Park in downtown Thorold. There will be children’s activities, family friendly fun, entertainment and fireworks! Come dressed in red and white to celebrate our great Nation.
Blues on the Battlefield
Location: Battle of Beaverdams Park, Sullivan Ave, Thorold
To celebrate Canada’s 150th, The City of Thorold, under the guidance of its Canada 150 committee, has teamed up with the Canal Bank Shuffle Blues Festival Committee and turned Canada Day into a 3-day musical celebration!
Sunday July 2nd will feature:
The Jenie Thai Band
JP Soars and the Red Hots
Monday July 3rd will feature:
The Max Hillier Band
The David Rotundo Band
Day Admission is only $5.00
For more information, visit the Blues on the Battlefield website.
St. Catharines Canada Day Celebrations
Canada Day Celebrations
Location: Rennie Park, 60 Lakeport Rd.
Times: July 1st, Noon to 4 p.m., Opening ceremonies begin at noon.
Details: Fun family activities, Bouncers, Games, Rock climbing wall, Pony Rides, Kids crafts, live music and other free festivities.
Canada Day fireworks at Henley Island
Time: July 1st, 10pm
Residents can view the fireworks from Rennie Park, Jaycee Park and the surrounding area. Admission is free. A rain date is set for Sunday, July 2 at 10 p.m.
13th Street Winery’s Canada 150 Burger Day!
Times: July 1st, 11:30 AM – 3:30 PM
Location: 13th Street Winery, 1776 Fourth Ave, St. Catharines
Celebrate Canada Day with Burgers and Burger Blend wine! Enjoy live entertainment and Canada Day cookie decorating for the kids!
Join us for lunch on Canada Day and enjoy a delicious burger and a glass of our Burger Blend wines!
Canada 150 in Hogan’s Alley
Times: Friday June 30th – 4PM
Saturday July 1st – 12PM
Sunday July 2nd – 12PM
Monday July 3rd – 12PM
Location: Port Dalhousie
Celebrate Canada 150 in Hogan’s Alley with vendors, live entertainment, face painting, food and more – all weekend long!
Welland Canada Day Celebrations
Times: 12:00pm to 10:00pm
Details: Enjoy Family Fun in Merritt Park. Free activities on the water all from the King Street Docks. Final Round for the Canada 150 Talent Showcase starts at 2:30pm on the Merritt Park Amphitheatre. Fireworks at 9:50pm.
- On The Water @ Merritt Park:
Free Water Activities: Paddle Boards, Pedal Boats, Canoes and Kayaks
Wibit on the Water: Reach the peak on the massive IceTower XXL. Ride the tubes on RodeoSplash for the ultimate cooling-down experience.
Lifeguards will be On Duty for all water activities and Life Jackets are mandatory!
- On the Merritt Park Amphitheatre @ 7:30pm:
The beat definitely goes on this Canada Day when the legendary ’80s band The Kings take to the Merritt Park Amphitheatre
Opening act: the Madhatters
- In The Park: Inflatables, Face Painting, Arts & Crafts, Canada Day Cupcakes, Pop-Up in the Park, Kub Kar Racing Track
- On King Street: Explore the Museum’s 150th Exhibit, Robert Wood Singers, Smudge Fundaes, Food Trucks, Bike Valet Onsite
Fort Erie Canada Day Celebrations
Fort Erie Parade
Time: July 1, 2017 starting at 11 am.
Details: It will start from the Ridgeway Community Centre heading north on Ridge Road North to the village centre. It will be officially started off with the playing of our National Anthem while members of the Geronimo Skydiving Team descend to the ground flying the “Largest Canadian Flag”.
Following the parade, everyone will gather for commemorative speeches from dignitaries and then a Canada 150 cake will be served.
Entertainment and Performers at Downtown Ridgeway Village Square
Friday, June 30th: “Rock Canada 150” open mic
- Saturday, July 1st: Lincoln Concert Band, Kindred, Casa El Norte, The Remnants
- Sunday, July 2nd: The Fort Erie Legion Band, Niagara Memorial Militaires Alumni Drum Corps, Fifties in Color & The Howling Horns
All performances will be at the Ridgeway Village Square excluding “The Howling Horns” who will be at the Ridgeway Legion grounds for the Canada 150 Wrap Up Party.
Old Fort Erie
In celebration of Canada’s sesquicentennial, visit Old Fort Erie for free on July 1, 2017 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Enjoy programming and demonstrations throughout the day with costumed interpretive staff.
Later on, take part in community activities from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. in front of the Old Fort Erie Welcome Centre.
Port Colborne Canada Day Celebrations
When: Saturday, July 1, 2017, 10 a.m – 9 p.m.
Where: H.H. Knoll Lakeview Park
Details: Food, Entertainment, Vendors, Kids’ Activities, and More
The Port Colborne Optimist Club always helps the City celebrate Canada Day, but this year, they’re going above and beyond to mark the closing of Port Colborne Heritage Days—My Canada Matters. Festivities will include both kids’ and main stages, kids’ activities, vendors, demonstrations, special Canada 150 performances, and a skydiver! Official ceremonies and Canada birthday cake at 1 p.m. This is a free, family-oriented event.
10:00am – 5:00pm
10:00 – 4:00PM
ALL DAY ENTERTAINMENT ON TWO STAGES
BANDSHELL CONCERT WITH THE BESSEY ROAD BAND
INTERACTIVE ACTIVITIES THROUGHOUT THE PARK
• PONY RIDES
• HAY RIDE
• BOUNCY CASTLES
• REPTILE SHOW
• FUN PHOTO BOOTH
• BIRDS OF PREY
• INCREDIBLE KITES
• FACE PAINTING
• PENNY SALE
• VENDOR FAIR
Smithville Canada Day Celebrations
Enjoy a Canada Day block party, evening concert and fireworks at 177 West St. The fun begins at 11 a.m. and continues through to the fireworks show at 10:05 p.m. The day features plenty of family fun, including performances by Brad Battle, Elton Rohn and Aboriginal dancers.
Subscribe to Niagara Families!
We do our best to provide accurate, useful information about event and activities in the Niagara Region. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, other websites, signs around town and word of mouth. We do our best to confirm details before they are published here. Sometimes details change. Whenever possible, we strongly encourage you to confirm the details before you go.