Here is our list of family-friendly New Year’s Eve events in Niagara, including early fireworks, countdowns and celebrations for kids.
Free New Year’s Eve Show in Niagara Falls
One of Canada’s longest running New Year’s Eve celebrations returns to kick off 2018 in Queen Victoria Park in Niagara Falls. This year’s line up will feature Marianas Trench, Simple Plan, Jess Moskaluke and James Barker Band.
The free outdoor event will have two explosive fireworks shows, one a 9 pm and one at midnight, as well as numerous food and beverage options, including an outdoor licensed area.
Winter Festival of Lights laser light show times: 5:30, 6:30, 7:30 & 8:30PM
3rd Annual Kids’ New Year’s Eve Party at The Geekery
The Geekery will be hosting it’s 3rd annual kids New Years countdown!!
-Mocktail for toasting
-Dance party with music 8:30-9
-A la carte menu offered with specials
-countdown at 9pm
RESERVATIONS ONLY – LIMITED SEATING!! Don’t miss out!!
Msg page or call the pub today!
+1 (289) 296-0390
The Geekery is located at 7000 McLeod Rd #8, Niagara Falls.
Children’s New Year’s Eve Bash in Welland
Celebrate the New Year with the family at the Welland Community Wellness Complex and the Welland Main Arena. There are plenty of activities at both locations and fireworks along the canal at 5:50pm. Donations of non-perishable food items are appreciated.
Make lasting memories in our photo booth (both locations) and share them on social media using #wellandNYE2018
- Date: Sunday, December 31, 2017
- Time: 4-6:00pm
- Tickets: This is a FREE family-friendly event
At the Welland Community Wellness Complex:
- 9 Hole Mini Putt Golf Course: Fore! Complete with 9 separate holes, different obstacles and ramps, and even a loop-de-loop. Imagine yourself playing Augusta while trying this fun course.
- Big Top Maze: Wind your way through the many twists and turns and see if you can find your way out before your friends do.
- Blender Bikes: Ring in the new year with a delicious smoothie.
- Cotton Candy Treats and Face Painting
- Peppa the Pig Meet n’ Greet: Have your picture taken with the lovable (but bossy) little pig.
- Minion Dance Party: Enjoy dancing, games, glowsticks and music.
- PJ Masks Meet n’ Greet: Meet the trio of 6-year-old kids who transform into their colorful superhero alter egos – Owlette, Catboy and Gekko
At the Welland Main Arena:
- Glow-in-the-Dark Family Skate: Lace up your skates for some fun on the ice
- Popcorn Treats
- Games Galore: Featuring Angry Birds, Duck Pond, Giant Plinko. Win great prizes
New Year’s Eve at the Vale Health and Wellness Centre in Port Colborne
December 31st, 1 pm – 6pm
Bring the whole family to the Vale Health & Wellness Center on Sunday, December 31, 2017 from 1:00 – 6:00 pm for FREE Family Fun to ring in the New Year!
For more information, visit: http://portcolborne.ca/page/New_Years_Eve
|Swimming (YMCA)||1:00 – 3:00 pm||Pool|
|Open Family Gym (YMCA)||2:00 – 3:00 pm||Gym 1|
|Gym Activities & Bouce Time (YMCA)||3:00 – 5:30 pm||Gym 1|
|Cooking Decorating (thanks to Subway)||2:00 – 5:30 pm||Lower Lobby|
|Games||2:00 – 5:30 pm||Upper Lobby|
|Face Painting||2:00 – 5:30 pm||Upstairs (Golden Puck Community Room)|
|Colouring||2:00 – 5:30 pm||Upper Lobby|
|Public Skating – All Ages||2:00 – 5:30 pm||Rink 1|
|Family Skate||2:00 – 4:00 pm||Rink 2|
|Mad Scientist Show||2:00 – 3:15 pm||Upstairs (Golden Puck Community Room)|
|Mad Scientist Show||3:30 – 5:30 pm||Upstairs (Golden Puck Community Room)|
|New Year’s Banner Signing||2:00 – 5:30 pm||Main Lobby|
|Fireworks (weather dependent)||6:00 pm||Behind Vale Health & Wellness Centre|
St. Catharines New Year’s Eve Family Celebration
Ring in the New Year with your family with these FREE activities:
12 noon – 2 p.m.
Meridian Centre, 1 Ice Dogs Way, St. Catharines
Say farewell to Canada 150 by joining in the FREE rock n New Years fun!
DJ Marinko will be spinning top pop hits and your requests while you skate. FREE childrens activities will take place on the concourse leve including:
- Canada 150 Farewell station
- Inflatable bouncers
- Fantasy Hockey games
- Craft table
- Balloon twister
- Colouring station
- Party favours (while supplies last)
The Meridian Centre concession stand will be open for your convienience (regular charges will apply)
11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Catharines Kiwanis Aquatics Centre, 425 Carlton St., St. Catharines
- Join in the fun with DJ Tanner to ring in the New Year with top pop hits and your requests during the leisure swim.
- Colouring activities in the lobby.
- Party favours (while supplies last)
Grimsby New Year’s Eve Celebrations
December 31, 2pm – 5:45pm, Peach King Centre, 162 Livingston Avenue
– Free skating 2:00 pm – 5:45 pm both indoor rinks and outdoor rink (weather permitting) Sponsored by Tim Hortons
– Children’s Games and Activities
– Fireworks show to music – 6:00 pm
New Year’s Eve at the Americana Waterpark
Fun activities all day in the waterpark! Kiddie countdown with balloon drop in the waterpark at 9pm. Glow in the dark arcade. Kids club all day. Watch for Elsa and Spiderman in Boston Pizza. Three amazing balloon drops in Boston Pizza at 6:30, 7:30 and 9:30.
8444 Lundy’s Ln, Niagara Falls
Free New Year’s Eve Skating at the Thorold Arena
On Sunday, December 31, there will be free skating at the Thorold Arena from 11:30am – 1pm
New Year’s Eve Ice Dogs Game
Sunday, December 31st vs. Hamilton Bulldogs, 6pm
Ring in the new year with the IceDogs. Bring your skates with you and skate with the IceDogs players following the end of the game.
New Year’s Day Levee
January 1, 2018, 3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Join the Friends of Fort George and Parks Canada as we ring in the New Year at Navy Hall! Levee celebrations start at 3 p.m., and include toasts, music by the 41st Regiment Fife and Drum Corps, and a cannon firing to welcome the New Year. Call the Friends of Fort George at 905-468-6621 for more information.
We do our best to provide accurate, useful information about event and activities in the Niagara Region. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, other websites, signs around town and word of mouth. We do our best to confirm details before they are published here. Sometimes details change. Whenever possible, we strongly encourage you to confirm the details before you go.