An EarlyON Centre is a place for children up to the age of six and their parents and caregivers to take part in programs and activities together. Parents and caregivers can also get information about their children’t development and about services to support that development.
Every EarlyON Centre offers the services listed below. The programs and services are free to all parents and caregivers of young children.
- Early learning and literacy programs for parents and children.
- Programs to help parents and caregivers in all aspects of early child development.
- Programs on pregnancy and parenting.
Parenting and Family Literacy Centres
Parenting and Family Literacy Centres help prepare children for starting school and encourage families to be a part of their children’s early learning by:
- Helping children build essential literacy and numeracy skills through stories, music, reading and playing
- Offering a book-lending library in different languages so parents can read to their children in their first language
- Familiarizing children and families with school routines
- Giving children and families the chance to spend time with other families
- Linking families with appropriate community resources for special needs, health and other related services.
The PFLCs are open Monday to Friday. The hours are site specific to match the bell times of the schools. The Welland and Fort Erie locations are open from 9:00am-1:00pm; the Niagara Falls site is open from 8:30am-12:30pm and the St Catharines sites are open from 8:45am-12:45pm. There is no registration required, so parents/caregivers and their children are invited to drop by anytime. Nutritious snacks will be provided.
Currently there are PLFCs in St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Fort Erie and Welland.
Niagara Safety Village
The Niagara Safety Village is a charity that offers educational safety programs to Niagara. Our programs are crafted in accordance with the Ministry of Education and we also offer customizable programs for seniors, assisted living and home schooling groups.
Funded by grants and community support only, we host many events that bring the community together to learn safety and the opportunity to visit our Village.
Address: 300 Woodlawn Rd. – Welland – L3C 7L3
The Mama Coach – Niagara
Katie Roebuck is a Registered Nurse, Lactation Counselor, and Sleep Coach working with families in Niagara Region.