Each week, farmers' markets around Niagara offer fresh produce, local meats, baked goods and eggs and dairy. This year, farmers' markets will look very different. Due to Covid-19, safety measures will be in place at local farmers' markets to ensure the safety of patrons and vendors.
We hope you enjoy these local goodies with our list of farmers' markets around Niagara:
St. Catharines Farmers' Market
Location: Market Square, 91 King St., corner of King and James streets
Hours: Saturday, 8am-noon
Newly-introduced requirements and safety actions for customers include (from the st.catharines.ca website):
- Admittance of only one customer at a time, pairs or groups are asked to have only one individual enter the market
- No more than 16 customers being admitted to the market at any given time
- Requiring of customers to sanitize their hands before entry
- All customers and vendors must wear a face mask or covering due to limitations on other typical preventative measures such as sneeze guards. Wrapped scarves, bandanas, surgical masks and face shields will all be considered acceptable face coverings
- No handling or sampling of food will be permitted; vendors will set up a display table to showcase their products but sale items will be stored behind the table for completion of customer orders
- Maintaining a safe physical separation of two metres from other shoppers, including in the entry line
- Distancing and traffic-flow lines will be clearly marked outside and inside the market
- Reusable bags will not be permitted for the time being
Niagara Falls Farmers' Market
Location: 5943 Sylvia Place, behind the Niagara Falls History Museum
Hours: Opens June 6th, 7am-1pm
Newly-introduced requirements and safety actions for customers include (from the niagarfalls.ca website):
- encouraged to have one person per household attend
- encouraged to pre-order with vendors (platform forthcoming)
- permitted to use reusable shopping bags for their purchases, as long as they are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner, and are handled by the customer only.
- encouraged to wear facemasks
- The first hour of market (7:00am – 8:00am) will be for seniors (60+) and essential service workers only
Ridgeway Farmers' Market
Location: 290 Ridge Road, Ridgeway
Hours: Opens June 6th, 8 am to 1 pm
Pelham Farmers' Market
Location: 20 Pelham Town Square, Fonthill, in the Municipal Parking lot
Hours: Possible opening of June 11th, 4:30pm-dusk
Grimsby Farmers' Market
Location: Grimsby Peach King Arena parking lot
Hours: Opens June 11th, 2pm-7pm
They also offer an online market. https://www.localline.ca/grimsbyfarmersmarket
Wainfleet Farmers' Market
Location: Pavillion behind the Wainfleet Arena, 31943 Park St, Wainfleet
Hours: Wednesdays, July 8 to September 30, 3pm-7pm
They will be following the guidelines from Public Health to stop the spread of Covid-19 and to keep everyone safe. ONLY FOOD will be allowed for sale.
Farmers' Market at the Village
Location: 111 Garrison Village Dr., Niagara-on-the-Lake (at the corner of Niagara Stone Road & Niven Road)
Hours: Saturdays, 8 am - 1 pm
Beamsville Farmers' Market
Location: Fleming Centre, 5020 Serena Dr.
Hours: Cancelled for 2020 season.
Welland Farmers' Market
Location: 70 Young Street (between Young and Division Streets)
Hours: The Welland Farmers' Market has been closed due to COVID-19.
Port Colborne Farmers' Market
Location: The Market Square is located directly in front of City Hall, 66 Charlotte Street
Hours: The Port Colborne Farmers’ Market will remain closed until further notice.
Thorold Farmers' Market
Location: 6 Ormond St. S
Hours: The Thorold Farmers’ Market will remain closed until further notice.
We do our best to provide accurate, useful information about event and activities in the Niagara Region. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, other websites, signs around town and word of mouth. We do our best to confirm details before they are published here. Sometimes details change. Whenever possible, we strongly encourage you to confirm the details before you go.
Leave a Reply