Enjoy the festivities and fireworks as your family celebrates Canada’s birthday this July 1st! Here is our list of Canada Day celebrations in Niagara.
Niagara Falls Canada Day Celebrations
Canada Day – Monday, July 1
1K & 5K Run/Walk for St. John Ambulance at Oakes Park
- 8:00 am – Registration; 9:00 am – Run/Walk begins
- 9:15 am – Citizenship Ceremony inside the Niagara Falls Public Library, 4848 Victoria Avenue
Niagara Falls Concert Band
- 10:15 am – Niagara Falls Concert Band, out front of the Niagara Falls Public Library, 4848 Victoria Avenue
OPG Niagara Falls Canada Day Parade
- 11:00 am – OPG Niagara Falls Canada Day Parade along Victoria Avenue to Queen Street, ending at Queen and St. Clair
Canada Day Main Stage at City Hall, 4310 Queen Street
- 12:15 pm – Wendy Leard School of Dance
- 12:20 pm – Happy Feet Dance with Jordan Setacci
- 12:30 pm – Opening Ceremonies begin
- 1:00 pm – Tribute Act with Freddy Mercury, Abbamania with Cher, Madonna, Janis Joplin & Blondie
- 2:45 pm – Niagara Falls Canada Day Passport prize draw, generously donated by Canada Sound Art & Heart Niagara
- 2:45 pm – Early Elton (Elton John Tribute Act)
- 4:00 pm – MESH featuring Josh Pollard. Pollard won 3rd place in the 2019 Niagara Students Rock Concert, hosted by NIOMA and NRPS
- FREE Birthday Cake at City Hall from 12 noon, while quantities last!
- FREE Raffle, Free Caricatures, Face Painting, Henna Tattoos & Food Vendors
- FREE Water Station – Bring your refillable container to Queen & Erie
- FREE Bike Valet at the Rosberg Family Park compliments of the Park in the City Committee
- Bebe Station – Free Baby Change Station Area along Queen, near Queen & Erie
Canada Day Car Show sponsored by Brock Ford Sales & hosted by Cruising on the Q, along Queen between Victoria & St. Clair
Artisan Market, Enchanted Fairy Land, Hula Hoop Fun Zone, & Extreme Sports along Queen between St. Clair & Ontario
Scotiabank Children’s Zone with Free Inflatables! Queen St & Erie Avenue
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm Free Rock Climbing Wall
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm Free Face Painting
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm Reptile Kingdom
- 12:30 pm, 2:00 pm, & 3:30 pm The Silver Starlets
- 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm, & 3:00 pm Mermaid Shows
- 1:15 pm, 2:15 pm, & 3:15 pm Trampoline & Powertrack Show
- 1:30 pm & 2:30 pm Dunk Tank Fundraiser
Scotiabank Children’s Stage in the Rosberg Family Park
- 1:00 pm Welcome by Emcees
- 1:00 pm Disco Darlings
- 1:30 pm Mad Science
- 2:00 pm Bubbleology Show with Miss T The Bubble Queen
- 2:30 pm Lucas Wilson the Illusionist
- 3:00 pm Disco Darlings
- 3:30 pm The Princess Show with Elsa, Anna & Rapunzel
Scotiabank Children’s Zone in the Rosberg Family Park
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm Free Face Painting & Community Group Displays
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm Story Walk by the Niagara Falls Public Library
- 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm Mad Science Fun Station
- 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm Circus Workshop
- 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm Interactive Bubble Station
- 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Mad Science Fun Station
Live Entertainment at Queen & Ontario
- 12:30 pm Kobbler Jay
- 1:00 pm Ringmaster K Show with Fire
- 1:30 pm Brant the Fire Guy
- 2:00 pm Kobbler Jay
- 2:30 pm The Hip Hop Violinist
- 3:00 pm Ringmaster K Show with Fire
- 3:30 pm The Hip Hop Violinist
Live Entertainment at Queen & St. Clair
- 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm Paradisaea Aerial Dance
- 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm Michael Francis, Strolling Magician
Live Entertainment in the Car Show Area between Crysler & St. Clair
Please note the above Canada Day Celebration schedule is subject to change.
Sunday, June 30 & Monday, July 1 – Taps 10th Anniversary Celebration with Live Entertainment, 4680 Queen Street
Win a Prize! Niagara Falls Canada Day Passport
Pick up your July 1 Passport at the Free Raffle near the Main Stage at City Hall. Then travel along Queen Street, getting your passport card stamped, and drop it off back at the Free Raffle near the Main Stage for your chance to win a prize. Draw at 2:45 pm on the Main Stage. Special thanks to Canada Sound Art and Heart Niagara for their donations.
Niagara-on-the-Lake Canada Day Celebrations
Join us as we celebrate Canada Day in Niagara-on-the-Lake and Fort George with special events planned throughout the day. Festivities begin with a pancake breakfast in Simcoe Park. Watch as the 41st Regiment Fife and Drum Corps leads a giant birthday cake down Queen Street to Simcoe Park. Admission to Fort George is free on Canada Day! Join us for music, muskets and artillery demonstrations throughout the afternoon. Enjoy a BBQ dinner, music and fireworks in the evening!
Free Admission to Fort George!
10:00 am – 10:00 pm
Simcoe Park, 8:00 – 10:30 am
Canada Day Parade
Queen Street, 2:45 pm
Friends of Fort George BBQ
Fort George, 4:30 pm
Fort George, 6:30 pm
Musical Fireworks Display
Grimsby Canada Day Celebrations
Monday July 1, 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Celebrate Canada’s 152nd Birthday at the Grimsby Museum. Fun for the whole family. Crafts, games, activities, bounce castles, vendors and food. Free admission.
Lincoln Canada Day Celebrations
Join us in Lincoln at beautiful Charles Daley Park for our annual & FREE Canada Day celebration!
It will be a fun-filled family day featuring musical entertainment, photo booth, inflatable bouncers, face painting, fire trucks, mad science show & food vendors!
-Parking: Limited on-site parking.Off-site parking at Town Hall (4800 South Service Rd., Beamsville) starting at 5 p.m.with regular shuttle service to and from the event grounds.
-Food Drive: Please consider bringing a non-perishable food item to help those in need in our community.
Important Information due to flooding:
– Please note that due to flooding at Charles Daley park, the fireworks will be launched from the upper west picnic area this year.
-As a result there will be some required clearing of certain areas starting at 9 p.m.
-Most importantly the entrance to the park will be closed at 9:45 p.m. meaning people will be unable to enter or leave the park from 9:45 – 10:15 p.m. unless there is an emergency.
Pelham Canada Day Celebrations
Harold Black Park
Monday July 1
All activities start at 3pm in Harold Black Park
3:00pm – Professor Crookshank’s Travelling Medicine Show
Rotary Club children’s activities and inflatables (until 6:00pm)
Retail, Food & Beverage Vendors, free Bike Valet (until 10:15pm)
3:00pm- Grand Parade from A.K. Wigg School to Harold Black Park
4:00pm- Opening ceremonies and singing of the national anthem
Infield Patio – Family friendly licensed beverage area
4:30pm- Free birthday cake – Thanks to Sobeys! (while quantities last)
5:00pm- Professor Crookshank’s Travelling Medicine Show
5:30pm- Live music on the stage featuring Fonthill Music Academy Students
6:30pm- Professor Crookshank’s Travelling Medicine Show
7:00pm- Poutine Eating Contest – sponsored by the Fonthill Lions Club
7:05pm- Live music on stage with Hunter Stull
8:00pm- Live music on stage with By Design
LED Glow Hoop Funzone with Hoop You
10:15pm- Fireworks by RedBoss
The Canada Day Parade will be held on Monday, July 1 at **3:00pm** sharp!
Parade route will travel from AK Wigg to Harold Black Park
Thorold Canada Day Celebrations
Canada Day Community Celebration
Location: Battle of Beaverdams Park (Clairmont and Ormond Sts)
12pm – opening ceremonies
12:30pm and 4:30pm – Calvin the Magician
1:30pm – decorate your bike contest
2:30pm – Thorold Reed Band
Food trucks will offer a variety of treats — from authentic southern barbecue flavours to fresh-squeezed lemonade and ice cream.
A fireworks grand finale will cap off the celebration at 10:15 p.m.
St. Catharines Canada Day Celebrations
Location: Rennie Park, 60 Lakeport Rd.
- Rock climbing wall
- Pony Rides
- Kids crafts
- Temporary Tattoos
- Birthday cupcakes
- All activities are free unless stated otherwise.
- Noon- Opening Introductions
- 12:15 p.m. to 12:45 p.m. – Tim Holland – Puppet Tamer
- 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. – The Practically Hip
- 2:45 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. – Crash Rhythm
Food and Beverage
- Food and beverages available for purchase.
- The Port Dalhousie Lions Club will be on site barbecuing hot dogs and hamburgers.
- A variety of cold drinks will be available.
Parking & Shuttle Information
- A free shuttle bus will operate from 11:45am to 4:15pm from both the Port Dalhousie Lions Club Parking Lot (201 Main Street) and from the Port Dalhousie Pier Marina Parking Lot (80 Lighthouse Road). Look for Shuttle Signage.
- Free parking is available at City parking lots and on-street meters within walking distance of Rennie Park.
- Parking is also available at Ontario Jaycee Gardens Park, 543 Ontario St. Access Rennie Park via the pedestrian bridge.
- Entertainment and activities subject to change without notice.
- Bring your own lawn chair.
The Port Dalhousie Lions Club fireworks will be held at 10 p.m. on Canada Day from Henley Island. Residents can view the fireworks from Jaycee Park or Rennie Park. Residents will not be able to access Henley Island during the fireworks display. A rain date of Tuesday, July 2nd, 2019 has been set.
Canada Day at the St. Catharines Museum – 10 am to 3pm
- Live cultural performances
- Carnival games
- Out-of-the-vault exhibits from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Pack a lunch to enjoy on the museum grounds.
- Vox Violins – 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Niagara Multi-Folk-Arts Song and Dance Ensemble – 11 a.m.
- Latin Immigrant Niagara Community Association – 2 p.m.
The museum will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is by donation.
Enjoy free leisure swims on Canada Day at all the City’s pools.
St. Catharines Kiwanis Aquatics Centre – 425 Carlton St
- Lane and Leisure Pool: 9 a.m. – noon
- Lane and Leisure Pool: 1 – 3:30 p.m.
- Lane and Leisure Pool: 6 – 8 p.m.
Lincoln Park Pool – 63 Chetwood St.
- 11:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- 4:30 – 8 p.m.
Lion Dunc Schooley Pool – 32 Seymour Ave.
- Large and Small Pool: 1 – 4 p.m.
- Large and Small Pool: 5 – 8 p.m.
Port Dalhousie Pool – 205 Main St.
- Large and Small Pool: 1 – 4:45 p.m.
- Large and Small Pool: 5:30 – 8 p.m.
The Film house will be closed for Canada Day, but theatre fans can enjoy Wrong for Each Other, the first play offered during the third annual Foster Festival over the weekend. The play takes the stage Saturday, June 30 at 2 p.m. and 8 p.m.
Visit www.firstontariopac.ca for details on all Canada Day events.
Welland Canada Day Celebrations
- WHEN: Monday, July 1, 2019
- TIME: 2:00pm to 10:00pm
- LOCATION: Merritt Park
Join us for a FREE celebration in Downtown Welland with music, water activities, food trucks and more!
MERRITT PARK AMPHITHEATRE
Winter of 69 @ 5:30pm
The Associates @ 6:30pm
The Caverners @ 8:00pm
ON THE WATER
Enjoy paddle boards, pedal boats, canoes, and kayaks ALL FREE ON CANADA DAY at the King Street docks.
It doesn’t get any better than WIBIT ON THE WATER!RodeoSplash and Wibit Flip give you the ultimate cool-down experience!
IN THE PARK
Rock Climbing Wall, inflatables, face painting, arts and crafts, Canada Day Cake, Popup in the Park, Vendors and KubKar racing.
ON KING STREET
Food trucks, bike valet, and Creative Club (Lego and Everblocks)
FIREWORKS @ 9:50pm
Fort Erie Canada Day Celebrations
Canada Day Fireworks
Monday, July 1, 10pm
Presented by the Town of Fort Erie in partnership with the Kinsmen Club of Fort Erie.
Fort Erie Waterfront, best viewing between the Old Fort & the Peace Bridge.
Road closure (Lakeshore Road from Beatrice Street to Dominion Road) starting at 7:30pm.
Port Colborne Canada Day Celebrations
When: July 1, 10 a.m – 9 p.m.
Where: H.H. Knoll Lakeview Park
LARGE STAGE / BANDSHELL
|10:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. Mad Science|
|11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. The Music Depot|
|12:00 p.m. – 12:50 p.m. – Joey Crawford & Drumming Bongos in Field|
|1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Opening Ceremonies & Cake|
|1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Tara’s School of Highland Dance|
|2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Puppet Show|
|3:15 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Magician|
|4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. The Band “No Class”|
|6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Closing Ceremony|
|*Shows and schedule are subject to change*|
|Pony Rides||Hay Rides||Bouncy Castles||Alpacas|
|Fun Photo Booth||Birds of Prey||Face Painting||Vendor Fair|
|Food Vendors||Giant Penny Sale||Snowcones||Popcorn|
Wainfleet Canada Day Celebration
July 1, 2019 from 5 – 10 P.M.
Wainfleet Recreational Facilities
* Opening Ceremonies in the Arena @ 5 P.M.
* Vintage Cars @ 5:00 P.M. *NEW*
* Geronimo Skydive
* Community BBQ / Watermelon
* Karaoke @ 5:30 P.M. *NEW*
* FITastic, Face Painting, Fluffy the Clown
* Bake Auction @ 7:30 P.M. *NEW*
* Music by I-75 @ 8:00 P.M. *NEW*
* Interactive Fire Department Display *NEW*
* Bicycle Draw / Emergency Kit Draw *NEW*
– Bicycles provided by Lou’s Tire Service
* Inflatables, Kid’s Movie / Popcorn
* Fireworks @ 10 P.M.
Join us for a FREE, fun filled evening right in the heart of Wainfleet!
Subscribe to Niagara Families!
We do our best to provide accurate, useful information about event and activities in the Niagara Region. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from user submissions, press releases, local newspapers, other websites, signs around town and word of mouth. We do our best to confirm details before they are published here. Sometimes details change. Whenever possible, we strongly encourage you to confirm the details before you go.