Here is our roundup of indoor and outdoor skating rinks in Niagara:
Indoor Skating Rinks
- Seymour Hannah Centre -240 St. Paul St., West, St. Catharines, Click HERE for hours.
- Bill Burgoyne Arena – 129 Linwell Ave., St. Catharines, Click HERE for hours.
- Jack Gatecliff Garden City Arena - 8 Gale Cres., St. Catharines, Click HERE for hours.
- Gale Centre Arena – 5152 Thorold Stone Rd, Niagara Falls, Click HERE for hours.
- Chippawa Willoughby Arena – 9000 Sodom Rd, Niagara Falls, Click HERE for hours.
- Frank Doherty Arena – 70 Front Street N, Thorold, Click HERE for hours.
- Jordan Arena -2767 Fourth Avenue, Jordan Station, Click HERE for hours.
- Fonthill Meridian Centre Arena – 100 Meridian Way, Pelham, Click HERE for hours.
- Meridian Credit Union Arena – 1565 Four Mile Creek Rd, Virgil, Click HERE for hours.
- Jack Ballantyne Memorial Arena – 501 King Street, Welland, Click HERE for hours.
- Fleming Centre – 5020 Serena Drive, Beamsville, Click HERE for hours.
- Vale Health & Wellness Centre – 550 Elizabeth St, Port Colborne, Click HERE for hours.
- West Lincoln Arena & Community Centre -177 West Street, Smithville, Click HERE for hours.
- Crystal Ridge Arena – 109 Ridge Rd South, Crystal Beach, Click HERE for hours.
- Jaycee Arena and Kinsmen Arena – 3 Municipal Centre Dr, Fort Erie, Click HERE for hours.
- Peach King Centre – 162 Livingston Ave, Grimsby, Click HERE for hours.
- Dunnville Memorial Arena – 275 Ramsey Drive, Dunnville, Click HERE for hours.
Outdoor Skating Rinks
Outdoor rinks are dependent on the weather. Please check the status of the rinks before going.
Wayne Gretzky Winery
1219 Niagara Stone Rd, Niagara-on-the-Lake
Open to the public, December to mid-March, weather dependent. $5 per person for Skating and $10 per person for Skate Rentals, plus taxes. Skate rentals are available on a first-come, first-served basis in adult and children's sizes.
Sunday to Thursday - 11:30 am to 6 pm
Friday & Saturday -11:30 am to 9 pm
Operating season and hours are subject to weather conditions.
The skating rink will be closing at 5pm on Tuesday, December 24 and Thursday, December 26.
Community Skate Days
December 11 / January 8 / February 12 / March 11
Free skating on the second Wednesday of each month from 11:30 am - 6 pm
As long as weather cooperates, the rink opens in early December and closes mid-March (Closed December 25th and January 1st). You can call 1.844.643.7799 to confirm if the rink is open before you arrive.
Fort George Skating Rink
51 Queen’s Parade, Niagara-on-the-Lake
Skating is free, although there will be a cost for skate rentals and anything purchased from the concessions. The rink is open free to the community:
Open skating (weekdays)
During these hours, there are no dedicated staff, concessions, rentals, or music available:
- Monday to Thursday: 10 am to 5 pm
- Friday: 10 am to 4 pm
Family and evening skating (weekends)
Skate rentals ($5 for girl's size 7 and boy's size 11 to adult's size 12), helmet rentals (free), dedicated rink staff, concessions, music, and activities are available during these hours:
- Friday: 5 pm to 9 pm
- Saturday: 10 am to 1 pm, 2 pm to 5 pm, 6 pm to 9 pm
- Sunday: 10 am to 1 pm, 2 pm to 5 pm
Check here for ice rink updates.
- Santa and s'mores, 5 pm to 6:30 pm, December 14 and 21 only
- Saturday night tunes on ice, 6 pm to 9 pm, from December 21 to February 29
- Sunday afternoon family skate with children's entertainment, 2 pm to 4 pm, from December 15 to March 8
- Friday night fire side chats with Parks Canada, 7 pm, from January 3 to March 20
Hilary Bald Outdoor Rink
Garden Gate Terrace, Beamsville
The outdoor rink will be open December – March (weather permitting). The rink will be open daily from 9 am until 9 pm. For inquiries or more information call 905-563-2799 ext. 319.
The Lions Outdoor Skating Rink
1406 Drummond Rd., Niagara Falls, (905) 358-3808
A one-sheet outdoor ice skating rink, open seasonally.
The Freise Zone
Peach King Centre, 162 Livingston Ave, Grimsby, 905-945-1288
Chippawa Park Pond
First Avenue and Fitch Street, Welland
Woodlawn Rd, between South Pelham and Rice Rd., Welland
60 E Main St., Welland
St. George Pond
391 St. George St., Welland
Ground Rinks Maintained by Volunteers in Welland
* Rinks without volunteers may not be maintained and most likely will not be suitable for skating
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer for one of the below rinks, please contact: [email protected] or call (905) 735-1700 ext. 3000
Rink closed for the 2018/19 season due to construction, will re-open for the 2019/20 season
Cooks Mills Park*
630 Lyons Creek Rd
Dain City, between Glenwood Pkwy. & Parkside St.
John Deere Park
Dain City, between Huron St. & Erie St.
Gram Ave. Park
Gram Avenue, corner of Forest Rd. & Gram Ave.
Off of East Main St.,
between Lyons Ave. & Golden Blvd. W.
St. Patrick's Park
Catherine St., St. Catharines (across from the Russell Ave Community Centre)
General skating will take place every day until 6 p.m., when the community will be allowed to set up to play hockey.